Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Forgotten Spell - App version available now!!

 The App version of Spellcaster: The Forgotten Spell which I Illustrated this year is out now from Tin Man Games for the iphone, ipad and android and has been garnering great reviews. The paper book version will be available very soon.
I really enjoyed visualising the dark world of the Elder Fey with its twisty streets, bizarre architecture and weird inhabitants. I really felt this project was right up my alley, playing to my own artistic strengths with the same combination of humour and darkness that I tried to bring to my old WH40K and FF illos
I was able to draw together elements from traditional fantasy, steampunk and anime.
Many of the illos were visual puzzles in themselves full of hidden little details. Hopefully the viewer will keep spotting new things in them for quite some time.
The artwork was created by first preparing highly detailed pencil renderings which were then worked on further using Photoshop and a Wacom Graphire Tablet. At this stage the illustrations were refined with extra tone and coloured, composition and characters .tweaked, text added..
During this process I tried to avoid losing the texture and quirk of the underlying pencil work which to me was a vital part of the overall style. We will begin work on Book 2 very soon. Meanwhile I have another Gamebook project on the go for Tin Man Games which I may share with you in due course...


No comments:

Post a Comment